The SA Army plans to issue an intake opening for the 2023-2024 period. You can download the SA Army application form in PDF. Before the closing date, make sure that you meet all the requirements.
South Africa’s army has specific requirements that candidates must meet in order to join.
- You must be a South African citizen and have no criminal background.
- You must also be fitted according to the requirements set by the country’s defense force.
- If you’re applying for a scholarship with a grade 12 certificate, your age should be 18 to 22.
- If you’re a graduate, then your age should not be over 26.
- You must also be ready to take part in regular military training.
- This will allow you to serve the country in uniform.
SA Army 2023-2024 Intake Application
To apply for the SA Army’s 2023-2024 intake:
1. You must first download the download SA army application form Intake 2023-2024
2. Provide the necessary documents. These include your ID card, a copy of your high school diploma, and your curriculum vitae.
3. You can then submit the application with the necessary documentation to the below address:
SA Army Postal Address:
The South African Department of Defense,
Directorate Human Resource Acquisition,
Private Bag X2381,
To get in touch with the various communication officers of the armed forces, please download the PDF version of the list. You can also inquire via the form below.
About the SA Army
The South African army is the country’s primary land warfare force. It is a part of the country’s defense force, the SANDF, along with the Navy, Air Force, and the Military Health Service. Its Chief of Army is also a subordinate of the head of the military force.
The Union Defense Force was formed in 1912 as a result of the amalgamation of the colonial forces in South Africa following the country’s unification. It evolved from its origins as a paramilitary force that fought against the Afrikaners, using the concept of frontier warfare. Following the National Party’s ascension to power, the Commonwealth ties of the Army were severed.
The transformation of the South African army occurred following the end of apartheid. As a result, its rank and age balance started to deteriorate. However, this has since greatly improved.