About Funza Lushaka Bursary
Funza Lusaka is a government bursary which provides funding to students who wish to study teaching. Funza Lusaka, only fund Bachelor of education and postgraduate certificate in education degrees only.
The Funza Lushaka Bursary is awarded for one academic year, meaning that in order to fund students in the upcoming year they have to re-apply again and it depends on their academic progress. To qualify for the bursary applicants must first get admission at a recognized higher education institution, for example it can be a university.
What do Funza Lushaka Bursary Covers?
Funza Lushaka Bursary covers tuition fees, accommodation (for either approved accommodation or residence), meals, books and learning materials. If it is for the first year students and you need to be funded by funza lushaka you must be 30 years old or younger to consider your application being successful.
Also Check: NSFAS Online Application 2023
- Only online applications are accepted.
- They will not take printed forms in hard copy.
- If you finished the online Funza Lushaka
What Are the Funza Lushaka Application 2023 Requirements?
To be considered for the Funza Lushaka Bursary, applicants must satisfy the following fundamental requirements:
- Must be a South African citizen with a valid ID.
- Must have already been accepted in an appropriate field of study at a recognized higher education institution.
- Must be committed to and enthusiastic about a professional teaching career, with interests such as working with young people and a willingness to face and overcome challenges.
- Personal honesty is required.
- All first-time candidates must be under the age of 30.
First-Time University Students
- You need to have at least a 4 rating in order to start your education as a teacher. This will allow you to concentrate on one particular subject.
- You must have passed the Grade 12 Mathematics or Mathematics literacy test to be considered for the foundation phase of your studies. You also need to have a minimum of 4 home language skills to start working on projects related to this subject.
- If you completed your Matric before 2008, you will require a 50 percent average (before mathematics was compulsory)
- If you want to specialize in teaching technology subjects, then you will need to have a level 4 pass in Mathematics. This also applies to those without these levels for the CAT.
How To Apply for a Funza Lushaka Bursary?
Funza Lushaka Online Application
All of the details that we’ve described so far come from the notes that the Funza team has on their website. Before you apply, make sure that you read the notes carefully.
1. First time application: Apply here
2. Re-application students: Apply here
The bursary will open on 01 October 2022
Funza Lushaka’s Bursary Contact Information
To get more information about this bursary, please contact the administrative co-ordinates of your university. They can help you navigate the various steps involved in applying for this scholarship. You should also avoid visiting these institutions in person. Inquiries can be done on the phone here: 012 357 3000