The deadline for the May/June 2022 examinations for the National Senior Certificate and Senior Secondary Certificate has already passed. Registration for the November exams started at the DBE.
Those who missed out on the chance to register for the November exams can do so now. The DBE announced this on its official Twitter account. The registration period for the exams will end on February 23, 2023.
In this article, we will talk about the various subjects that you can write in the rewrites for the Matric. We will also give you handy contact details so you can keep in touch with us whenever you need to.
Subjects You Can Rewrite
You can enhance as many subjects as you wish. Please make sure that the subjects that you wish to pursue match the ones that you have available.
Grade 12 / Matric Subject list:
- English Home Language
- English 1st Additional Language
- Business Studies
- Afrikaans 1st Additional Language
- Mathematics Literacy
- Human & Social Studies
- Other 1st Additional Language
- Physical, Computer and Life Science Subjects
- Life Science (Known as Biology)
- Physical Science (Physics & Chemistry)
- Business, Commerce & Management Studies
Who is allowed to rewrite the National Senior Certificate examination?
- Individuals who are currently in Grade 12 can write the national senior certificate examinations.
- Those who wish to improve their prior results can do so by signing up for a part-time schedule.
The following are the minimal prerequisites for obtaining a National Senior Certificate:
The following are the minimal prerequisites for passing matriculation:
- In addition to three courses, 40 percent of the total number of credits should be taken in subjects that are required to be taught in a Home Language.
- Give the necessary justification for the use of the Small Business Administration component.
What Documents Are Required To Rewrite Matric?
The documents listed below are required to apply for and write the matric rewrite exams.
- You finished your matriculated exams.
- Your exam results will be written down.
- A certified copy of your ID with a declaration of your (previous) matric results.
- Email address/Inbox address
- Phone number/contact information
How Can You Get Ready for Rewrites?
- Concentrate on your physical and emotional wellness.
- Make a study plan.
- Establish your peak times.
- Make use of previous test questions.
How to Request / Apply a Matric Rewrite
You must bring all of the necessary documents to register, such as your ID, matriculation certificate, and statement of results. After gathering all of these documents, you can visit the local district office.
If you need additional help preparing for the Second Chance Program, you can request it through the program’s website. It has a variety of study materials and in-person sessions.
Where can I get a free rewrite of my Matric?
Learners who have not met the minimum requirements for the SC or the National Senior Certificate can benefit from the Second Change Program. To register, visit the Education.gov.za website here: https://www.education.gov.za/Programmes/secondChanceProgramme.aspx
Pretoria Office: Registration Office
Location: 440 Hilda Street Standard Plaza, 5th Floor Hatfield, Pretoria
Landline for Registration: (012) 762 7100
Cape Town: Support Office
Location: Matric College Unit MP12B, Mega Park c/o Peter Barlow & Mill Roads Bellville South 7530
Landline for Support: (021) 838 8295
Those who missed the October 2022 deadline can still register for the 2023 Senior Certificate examinations by February 23, 2023. These exams only take place in May and June.