About Mbuyelo Coal Mine
Mbuyelo Coal is a mining firm that specializes in coal. Every year, the corporation manages many coal mining sites and extracts millions of tonnes of coal. It has operations at Rirhandzu Colliery, Boschpoort Colliery, and Roodepoort. Mbuyelo Coal is a subsidiary of Mbuyelo Group, a black-owned enterprise with operations in Mpumalanga province.
Mbuyelo Group offers various social responsibility activities that aim to improve the neighborhood. Mbuyelo is a Xitsonga term that means ‘Returns’ in English. Giving back is important to the company’s ideology.
About Mbuyelo Coal Mine Bursary
Every year, Mbuyelo Coal provides financial support to a set number of students in need. The money is derived directly from mining activities and are distributed to deserving pupils. As a result, the organization expands the accessible talent pool in the country. Bursaries are mostly given out in the mining industry. Here are the subjects of study where bursaries will be offered during the academic session 2022:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Safety Management
Also Read: Anglo American Coal Bursary South Africa
The amount of the bursary is determined on an individual basis. Bursars might receive either partial or full reimbursement for their tuition costs, depending on their needs. The coverage is initially only for one year. Bursars, on the other hand, can renew for the following year if their academic performance and eligibility are satisfactory.
Eligibility Criteria for the Mbuyelo Coal Bursary
To be considered for the bursary program, students must meet all of the eligibility requirements. Mbuyelo Group uses these criteria to choose the best candidates for the bursary. Because the number of applicants outnumbers the available cash, bursaries cannot be awarded to everyone. As a result, before applying, always double-check the criteria.
The following are the eligibility requirements for the Mbuyelo Coal bursary 2022:
- You must be a South African nationality.
- Must have completed Matriculation or be currently enrolled in Matriculation
- Must be pursuing or willing to study in one of the above-mentioned fields of study from 2022 onwards
- Must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a recognized and approved postsecondary institution.
- A high academic record is required.
- If you are currently pursuing Matriculation, you must have at least a 60% overall average.
- If you are currently in tertiary education, you must have at least a 60% overall average in all major topics this year.
Those from the Emakhazeni, Steve Tshwete, and Chief Albert Luthuli Municipalities will be given preference over others. As a result, meeting all of the eligibility requirements does not guarantee funding.
The winning candidates will be notified Mbuyelo Group within two months of the bursary closing date. Their decision to award the bursaries will be final.
How to apply for the Mbuyelo Coal Bursary?
Candidates that are eligible should continue with the application procedure and apply for bursary support. It’s a quick application that shouldn’t take more than an hour to finish. However, it is critical to be thorough in the procedure and prevent making mistakes. Submissions that are incorrect or incomplete are rejected without further examination. The following are the steps for applying for the Mbuyelo Coal Bursary 2022:
The first step is to print and fill out the Mbuyelo Coal Bursary Application Form. It is available for download from the official website. The form is in Microsoft Word format. You can finish it with a word processor.
It asks you questions about yourself, your academic background, and your contact information. Start by reading the instructions and filling in the blanks.
Also Check: Engineering Bursaries South Africa
The next step is to gather the relevant paperwork for the bursary. These are used for verification and to move your application forward. The following documents are necessary for the bursary program:
- Identification documents (certified copies)
- If you are currently at the Matric level, please provide your most recent Matric results (please note that the final decision regarding your selection will be made only after the final National Senior Certificate results)
- Evidence of enrollment in a university or university of technology (must be on institutional letterhead)
- If you are presently enrolled in classes, please provide your complete academic record (must be on institutional letterhead)
- Evidence of residency
Finally, send an email with your completed application and scanned documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, type ‘Mbuyelo Bursary Application 2022.’
The Bursary’s Contact Information
Contact the following places for more information on the bursary:
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org – email
Telephone numbers are 011 867, 0836, 011, 867, 0219, and 011 867 0584.
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any further inquiries. View our other open bursaries here: https://www.aftermatric.org/category/bursaries-for-2022-2023/bursaries-south-africa/